Big Brother Mascots

I really am confused about the BB mascots. How long will they have to be mascots? Hopefully, not the entire game. Did anyone ever say?  I understand that they cannot participate in the HOH or Veto competitions. However, they can be put on the block. But if they are put on the block, won't they have the opportunity to then play in the Veto competition? And finally, did I hear that they were unable to vote? I hope that I misunderstood and that basic privilege was not taken away.  

As far as I know, mascots are only for one week.  They can not vote but, they can play in the competitions.  The HOH can put the mascots on the block.  It was agreed as a house that putting the mascots on the block would be unfair to the mascots. No one knows what Ainsley(AI) going to do next week in the game.

After the AI comp, BB will have only two players on the block. Only 11 out of the 16 players can vote tonight.   The HOH only votes when there is a tie.  It can't be a tie with only 11 votes.

By using Ainsley,  the producers can do all kinds of unexpected twist in the game.

Yeah, it wouldn't be fair to restrict their game for the whole season. I don't think the question of their ability to vote for eviction was addressed but we'll find out tonight. I do think Cedric and Chelsie have used their AI Mascot status to their advantage this week. The promise to not put them at risk has eased the pressure of the first week, and they have taken that opportunity to integrate with the house socially.